Head, Access Services
- Provide leadership in the management, improvement, and evaluation of the interlibrary loan, circulation, course reserves, and stacks maintenance services.
- Promote the accessibility and security of the collections and the safety of staff and users.
- Collect and analyze use statistics.
- Serve as a member of the Library Leadership Team and represent the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library in various consortial resource sharing groups.
- Master of Arts, Library and Information Science, University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, English and American Literature, University of South Florida
Virginia has worked at the USFSP Poynter Library since 1991. In her current position she is responsible for coordinating the efficient and effective operation of the various units in the Access Services department. She facilitates understanding among the Access Services staff of the procedures and objectives of the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library and works with other Library departments and staff to plan and provide quality service focused on the library’s users. Virginia is interested in and responsible for the integration of new information technologies and electronic formats of Circulation and Interlibrary Loan services and operations.